<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rosierecommends.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday 12 June 2013

A Beauty Bible?

Wow, I cannot believe how long it has been since I last uploaded! 

I wish this was due to the fact I was on a low beauty spending lull so I had nothing to talk about, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. I took up a new position at work and have actually been flat out. I am just getting in the routine of my schedule and refuse to completely abandon my love of blogging.  

So let's kick this lull goodbye in it's not so toned ass and move along to today's post...

If you are a beauty junky like me, you'll relate when I say magazines skim on the beauty content. Unless it's their annual (once a year, come on ladies we can do better than this) beauty issue, the pages of todays women's magazines are dominated by fashion, fashion and yep you guessed it, more fashion. I'm excited when I see more than four pages of beauty, and don't forget health and fitness usually falls under those few dedicated pages too. It's just not enough! 

Cue, Allure Magazine



So I'm 22 years late (given it launched when I was two), but I have recently discovered this beauty of a magazine (pun intended) and I just had to share.

With amazing editorials, features and beauty insider tips and tricks this beauty bible is filled to the brim with everything that is hip and happening in the beauty world and I can't get enough.

Yes, there are still pages dedicated to fashion BUT I only counted 14 pages in the current issue I have and out of a 248 page read, you wont hear any complaining from me.  

We don't have an Australian edition so the only query I have is that it's hard to get the current month's issue here. I picked up May's copy from my local news agency today (I paid $13.95 as it's imported) so we are just over a month behind. I'm sure larger news agencies would stock current issues so I'm going to scout around. 

There is also an iPad version you can download, the subscription is $19.95 for 12 months or $1.99 if you want to pay each month as you go, you can check that out through the App Store. 

It's obviously much cheaper than buying the hard copy here, but I don't know if it's my journalism training or just me being old fashioned but I love owning magazines. Something about the tactile experience gets me every time (probably an odd thing to say coming from someone who writes an online blog). Who knows, I'll probably end up caving and buying the subscription so I don't miss a copy. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, enough blabbing from me but I thought I'd share just in case any of you too had been living under a rock and didn't know about this gem. 

Look out for my next post where I'm going to announce a new series for July - pop back this Sunday for that!

Until then, thankyou for sticking around <3 

ajarose xo

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home