<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rosierecommends.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday 20 July 2013

A collaboration dreams are made of - Lancome Show by Alber Elbaz Review

Photo: Lancome

They say never judge a book by its cover, but when it comes to beauty products I think we can bend the rules a little, right? I mean, c'mon, packaging is half the appeal. I know not everyone will be with me on this, but luxe packaging just adds that extra somethin' somethin' to the whole experience that can't be explained. 

Case in point, the Lancome Show by Alber Elbaz Collection. Over the past few years collaborations between cosmetic houses and artists, pop princesses and disney characters have been all the rage. Fashion designers have also been getting in on the action (we saw the Karl Lagerfeld and Shu Uemura collab last year), and the latest fashion icon to join the makeup bandwagon is Alber Elbaz, designer for Lanvin teaming up with cosmetics giant, Lancome. The collab hit Australian shores this week (it was released in the US in June) and has landed exclusively in Myer.

The result? Probably the most impressive and enticing collaboration I've seen. 

I know, big call to make. But seriously, the packaging, the product and the on-point marketing campaign of this collection ticks every box in my eyes. I mean, look at this...


The range is made up of four stars of the show - Definicils, Drama, Doll Eyes and well, Star of course. Each leading lady has a mascara and eyeshadow palette to choose from, as well as one set of false eyelashes for the collection.

Photo: Lancome

Let's jump into what I picked up, and let me make this real clear - if my wallet didn't restrict me I would have easily walked away with the entire range. Easily.

Not that shocked, are you?

Photo: Lancome 

Unintentionally, I picked both pieces from the Doll Eyes range which is covered in red and black love hearts (making the purchase even more sweeter).


I went with the Doll Eyes Mascara as the brush appealed to me the most. I thought the cone like tapered point would be perfect for applying product to the lower lashes without making a mess, like a lot of other mascaras tend to do.

The palette pick was an immediate decision as I am always drawn to more warmer shades for my eyes.  


Like I needed any more of an excuse to buy these beauties, if you purchase two products or more you receive a complimentary, limited edition makeup mirror designed by Mr Elbaz, that is equally as beautiful as the rest of the collection (this was until stocks lasts, so be quick).

As you can probably tell, I'm totally in love and could go on and on about how dreamy each and every piece of the collection is. If you pop into Myer any time soon, do yourself a favour and have a look at the display in store before it all disappears. But be warned, if you want to get your hands on any of this collection, run - don't walk.

Until next time,

ajarose xo

All photos accredited to Lancome apart from the two photos taken by Rosie Recommends

Want more Rosie Recommends? Check out -

June Favourites!
Review: Revlon's Nail Art Moon Candy Duo Pen
Lipstick Lowdown: Maybelline's Colour Sensational Vivids 
Real Techniques Brushes by Samantha Chapman

Don't forget to follow Rosie Recommends on Bloglovin or subscribe by entering your email address on the top righthand side of this page!


Follow on Bloglovin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home