<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rosierecommends.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday 12 January 2014

MAC Magnetic Nude Collection Review

As a neutral makeup kinda gal, anything that claims to be barely there, giving you the whole 'no makeup, makeup look', has my name written all over it. 

So imagine my excitement when my inbox had an email with the subject line: MAC Magnetic Nude - Glimmering Metallics and Natural Nudes, patiently awaiting to be opened.

The recently released collection is just that, a beautiful array of neutral golds, champagnes and shimmers that to the touch, are like butter. 


Of the release featuring five shadows, three fluidlines, four lipsticks, five glosses, three blushes and three skinfinishes, I picked up two of the five shadows. I could have happily walked away with a lot more, however I don't know if it's because I haven't been tempted my a MAC release in awhile or if the prices have gone up, but boy these beauties aren't cheap at $37 each.

Before the price scares you away, go and swatch these offerings on the back of your hand. One swipe and I was sold. The formula, called Extra Dimension, is unlike anything I own and is a powder-liquid hybrid. 

I picked up Sweet Heat, a gorgeous pink champagne that will be beautiful as a brow-bone highlight or even as a highlighter at the tops of the cheekbones.

Sweet Heat

And Amorous Alloy, which is a deep, red undertoned brown that I think is going to look amazing in the crease, to smoke out a golden eye. 

Amorous Alloy

The shadows also have prismatic reflections of shimmer running through them, that makes the finish chic and not like you are wearing disco-ball glitter on your eyelids. You can wear a light wash of colour all of the lid for a sheer crystallised look or build the intensity up to a highly polished metallic eye. 

RR TIP - if you want to create an even more intense metallic eye, with these shadows or ones you have at home, lightly wet your brush before apply the product. The water will greatly enhance the colour pigmentation.

These bad boys are being welcomed into my collection with open arms and I highly recommend checking out your local MAC counter to have a play around. Don't have a counter near you? View the entire collection online here.

Until next time,

ajarose xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home