<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rosierecommends.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday 30 March 2014

Mr. Tom Ford - The Lipstick God

I've always google-eyed over the gold accented makeup counter in David Jones, but had never taken the plunge into the uber-luxe world that is Tom Ford Beauty

As a downright beauty junkie I will find any excuse to justify a new purchase, what was it this time? A bad mood - what better way to turn a frown upside down than with a new lipstick, right?

(L-R: 01 Spanish Pink, 15 Wild Ginger)

After countless hours watching and reading reviews on the signature lip colour line - Rouge à Lèvres, my first dip in the pool was with 01 Spanish Pink - the perfect pinky nude to go with literally any look. 

And from that innocent first time handing my card over to the beautifully made up Tom Ford employee, I was hooked.

Next up was a bolder option, 15 Wild Ginger - an orange undertoned red. On recommendation from two of my favourite bloggers, ViviannaDoesMakeup and Lily Pebbles, this was automatically my next purchase.

The formulation of these babies is just divine. The creamy constancy means they glide on easily, last for hours and a huge thumbs up in my books is that they don't dry your lips out.

RR TIP: Wonder how I get the TF monogram to remain intact? Apply using the back of the lipstick bullet! A little OTT, but that's the way I roll...


Oh and we can't forget to talk about the insane packaging, all I can say is wow

The burning question here is, should you fork out your hard earned cash for a piece of TF Beauty?

Obviously Tom Ford is a luxury brand, making these lipsticks something to save for and believe me they are purse weepingly expensive. But to me, the packaging, the formula, the colour range and downright luxe quality of these lipsticks make the $$ price tag well worth it.

Pop into a Tom Ford counter (for the Aussies out there, this would be in David Jones) to cringe over the price. 

But trust me, once you've tried these bad boys, the hole in your wallet won't feel that bad. 

If there is such a thing as a lipstick god, he would go by the name of Mr. Ford, Mr. Tom Ford

Until next time,

ajarose xo

3 Comments:

At 30 March 2014 at 15:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm I want!

 
At 30 March 2014 at 16:01 , Anonymous Angie || Two Pretty Birds said...

Wild Ginger is stunning, easily the fave in my lippie collection.. love your cute terrarium too :)

 
At 1 April 2014 at 21:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw I've nominated you for a "Liebster Award" http://hjmcclymont.com/2014/03/30/the-liebster-award/ x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home